Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Phase Two!

This week Grammy is in town to help us adjust to being a family with two working parents. So, what started as 3 months of bonding with Mom, moved into phase one - Daddy Daycare, and is now well into phase two - Grammy's week of spoiling...and I'm not sure who is loving the time more.

Monday was Riley's first whole day away from both JD and I, and she handled it like a pro! I'm sure Grammy had something to do with that, as she really got into play time with our little sweet pea.
Grammy picked up Riley's routine very quickly...everything from the morning wake-up call, to nap and meal times, and even song and story time.
After JD and I arrived home from work, we had dinner as a family, then decided that we needed to finish decking the halls! We were all thrilled to see that the Christmas stocking that we ordered for Riley had arrived that afternoon. So, of course Riley helped to hang it by the fireplace.
Then, it was time to finally put the ornaments on the tree. We hurried and dressed Riley in her new "first Christmas" jammies, but as we were getting the ornaments together,Riley had fallen asleep on her Daddy's shoulder, for what we thought was just her normal evening cat nap. So, we waited, and waited, and waited for her to wake up, but she just wouldn't budge. I was beginning to worry, as if she goes to bed too early, there's a better chance of her waking up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack! So, we decided to give her a nudge so she could help trim the tree. After all, our baby girl needed to help find the perfect spot for her very first Christmas ornament from her Gramps.
Riley helped me hang her very own ornaments before heading back to Grammy's arms for a little lovin'.
She didn't last long though...she was back to dreamland before we were half way through with the tree. Just wait until next year is all Grammy had to add...as I am sure we will be lucky to get any ornaments on the tree at all (at least not on the bottom half!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea, Gramps is glad to see that you got to hang your first Christmas ornament yourself. Can't wait to see you and mommy and daddy. Enjoy your visit with Grammy. Love, Gramps

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea, I am glad you are having a great visit with Grammy and having fun too. You sure look cute in those Christmas PJ's. Can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks of your's. Love and lots of kisses to all. Love, Nana/Mom