Thursday, December 18, 2008

Energizer Bunny

What does

plus

equal??

Yes...our little sweet pea was the Energizer Bunny today. She woke up bright and early, with a little help, at 5:30 a.m. and went to bed at her usual time of 9:00 p.m., with only about 2 hours worth of cat naps. We thought for sure she would be a little cranky after only napping at about 15-30 min. intervals at Mrs. T's today, but she held strong most of the evening for us...and surprisingly...she was quite playful and in good spirits! I am sure tomorrow she will make up for the lost time away from her "visions of sugar plums"!



Although naps are not always one of Riley's favorite activities, we are very fortunate that she has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old. Now, on occasion, she likes to test us...like last weekend...we were all sound asleep, as usual by 9:30 or so, when I awoke to Riley talking away. When I checked out the action on the video monitor, she was awake in her crib, toss and turning, and yakking up a storm...but she didn't seem upset or hungry. So, I waited and watched, and watched, and watched...until finally, she drifted right back to sleep after about 45 min. It was hard for me to keep my eyes open, but I wanted to make sure she was okay without disturbing what we refer to as her "party in the crib". I was asleep myself, when no more than about an hour later...she was at it again! When I saw that she was okay and not upset in any way...I handed the chaperone's duties over to JD, so I could catch up on some lost zzzzz's. Again, Riley drifted off after about 45 min. You can imagine that the next day was filled with some solid napping...for Riley that is...JD and I...we just had to work through it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riley, how could that sweet little girl keep mommy and daddy awake. You just had things to say didn't you. Can't wait to see you. Love, Nana