Did I mention she continues to grow and change by leaps and bounds. Her little legs (or "ham hocks" as her Daddy calls them) are becoming quite strong...probably from all of the practice of pushing from a sitting to a standing position...and then refusing to sit back down! 
She hasn't rolled over yet, but is getting closer and closer...arching her back and reaching across her body. Drooling has become a favorite pass time, with bubbles and strings of slobber sometimes reaching from her mouth to her little belly. She is still sleeping through the night, but naps...well, they are more what we refer to as power cat naps, rather than long snoozers. She just doesn't want to miss a beat and is sure to tell us all about this during her chattery times.
Riley was scheduled for her 4 month check-up today with Dr. Laura Davis.
Riley is now in the 85th percentile for height...tall like her Daddy already measuring 25.25 inches and the 50th percentile for weight...tipping the scale at 13 lbs. 12 oz.
Riley was so brave when it was time for her vaccinations. This time there was an oral vaccine, followed by just two shots, instead of three. Riley was all smiles until that first needle was on its way out of her little thigh, then a look of terror took over with just a few screams.
Once again, Riley did not have any reactions to the vaccinations, and her sweet smiles returned by early afternoon. After a peaceful afternoon nap...
She even had the energy to help Grammy bake some special peanut butter brownie cookies for her Daddy.
What a sweet baby girl!
3 comments:
Sweetheart, you are getting so big so fast. Don't grow up too fast. I am glad Grammy was with you after your shots. Love you bunches. Love Nana
Hi Blaggs....and Grammy!
I am sooooo glad you are back! I thought I was going through Riley withdrawal. I logged on several times over the last few days and nothing new was posted when I logged on....I knew that was wrong because I had seen the Thanksgiving blog....anyway, my stress is alleviated now!
The halls are decked and Riley has her very own Christmas tree, stocking and 1st ornament! What a lucky lady! I know you are being a good girl, Riley. I have already checked in with Grammy! :) And, I know what the Allgeier Aunts have already bought for you!!! :)
Love you all,
Aunt Cindy
Riley,
Happy 4 months! What a milestone! I think you are finally growing into those sweet cheeks of yours!
Love,
Aunty Christine
Post a Comment