Saturday morning was the big day! We mixed just a tablespoon of cereal with some of her milk for her mid-morning meal. We kept the cereal kind of runny, so not to over-do-it for the first time. She did very well with taking the spoon and sucking the soupy cereal right away.
Then, she would try to suck, like she was having a bottle, and began to get frustrated, so we took a break and gave her the rest of her milk in a bottle.
After her tummy was settled, we gave her just a few more bites of her cereal. I guess you could say that it was "good to the last drop"!
Riley did very well with her first bites of cereal. I'm glad we didn't give her too much, as later, she did spit up a little more often than usual. I think the new flavors and textures are just going to take some time to get used to. So, we will keep with the cereal for a week or two before we get into the veggies and fruits.
No comments:
Post a Comment