Thursday, October 30, 2008

Then and Now

Remember, over the past couple of weeks, Riley has been so sleepy throughout the night and day. Well, that was then, and this is now! Don't get me wrong, she is still a dream come true, sleeping through the night for at least 9-11 hours at a time. It is just during the day, that she is awake more than asleep, very alert, showing off her good attention span, and ever so playful!Now, this has been leading to a bit of fussy time around 7:00 p.m., but if we are persistent, we can sweet talk her into a short nap before bath time, which seems to help some. I am convinced that all the sleep over the past few weeks was credited to a growth spurt.

So, with only a few short naps throughout the day, I have had a lot of time to get to know our Riley even better. It's always fun to try and find repetitive ways to make her smile or "jump for joy", so to say! We have a few tricks up our sleeve that we keep bringing back, because Riley does get so excited...and one of those is blowing on her cute little face...okay, her sweet cheeks! I tried as best as I could to capture this on video for you...check it out!

I am very thankful for the extra time with Riley this week, especially since this is my last week as a stay-at-home Mom. It is hard to believe how fast the past 13 weeks have gone. Monday morning is going to be a tough one for both of us.


However, there is comfort in knowing that daycare doesn't have to begin just yet. As you all know, JD is preparing for his month of leave to stay home with Riley. We are both thrilled that he will have this opportunity for extra bonding time with his sweet baby girl! I know he is going to love it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley, Those pictures and video are amazing...You are growing up so fast. What a big girl. Nana misses you all three so much...I am so glad you have had such a special week with mommy. Love and kisses to all three of you. Love Nana and Mom.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sweet Pea,
What a great video you have made for all of us. Your smiles are priceless. Mommy and Daddy have done such a great job with you and they love you so very much.
All the pictures and videos are the next best thing to being there.
I connot wait to see you all again.
I miss all of you very much.
Keep the pictures and great smiles coming.
Love to All
Grammy/MOM