Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sleeping Beauty!

Riley needs her knight and shining armor to pay a visit...perhaps that would help her awaken from her week of non-stop slumber! Wednesday...Riley started with a new found passion of sleeping...and I don't mean just short little 30 min. naps. Ever since the night that she slept for 11 hours straight, Riley has hit quite a sleepy phase. JD and I started to get a bit worried on Friday, and started taking her temperature a few times a day to ensure she wasn't coming down with something. Friday night she was a bit above normal at 98.8, so we gave her a small dose of Tylenol just head off any chance of infection.
Then, Saturday, her temp was normal again, and she was quite playful.
Followed by quite an afternoon nap with Dad.
So, perhaps she is just growing like a weed. After all, we did measure her again this weekend...and she is now exactly 2 feet tall. She has already grown 5 inches in just 2 1/2 months.
With the sleepy state, we decided to take advantage and try a little something different. Check out the next few pictures...Notice anything new???

Yep...that's our Riley...sleeping without being swaddled! We tried it for the first time on Friday night and voi la...Riley slept all night long. It took about 20 min. of coaxing at first, as her little arms and legs were jerking around just a bit, but once she was out...she was down for the count and didn't budge again until morning.
I think our baby girl is growing up. So, no more swaddling at night. Now, we just need to keep working on napping in the crib.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea you are getting so big. You seem to change with every picture. I miss kissing those sweet cheeks of your's. I am so excited to see you and mommy and daddy in a couple of months. Don't grow up too fast. Lots of kisses and hugs for all three of you. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
It looks like you are showing Daddy
what to do with your toys. Is he a good student? Then I think you both got tired and you had to take some time out for some zzzzzzz's But the last picture says it all. I taight Daddy well!!!!!!
You are so sweet.
Love, Hugs and Kisses
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Riley,
You are growing like a weed! Love all your sweet smiles! And miss all your infamous cuddling already!
Just wanted to let you know that you adorn by the masses at my nursing facilities since I now have your picture on my screen saver!
Love,
Aunt Cindy