Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brushing Up!

Now that Riley is on the move, there is no stopping her. She is crawling on hands and knees, with better coordination and determination, and is especially quick to go after all of the electronics in the house. She loves to climb on things, whether it be on one of us, a pile of pillows, or on the furniture throughout the house.

Since Riley engages in much more active playtime throughout the day, she is always ready for bedtime between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m. With her two bottom teeth growing more each day, we have started a brushing routine after her final bottle of the night. Riley enjoys watching and helping us brush our teeth, so we knew she wouldn't have too many reservations about brushing her own teeth.

She took right away to having the toothbrush in her mouth and trying to help move it around. Sometimes she will make funny faces and drool with the taste of the toothpaste.


But overall...I think we have a good routine underway...that will hopefully last for a long time to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley you are such and angel...And, getting so big so fast.Lots of love and Kisses, nana

Anonymous said...

OMG..I can't believe MY niece is already brushing her own teeth! How exciting...but don't grow up too fast!
Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!! Sweet Pea, I cannot get over all the changes since I saw you at Christmas. It is amazing how you are growing up right before my eyes. I love calling you up at night on skype and watch you play and crawl and talk to your mommy and daddy. Even though none of us understand waht your saying except Da Da and Ma Ma and Ba Ba it is music to my ears.
Yous have a real nice visit with your Aunt Cindy and Uncle Christopher this weeken.
Love Ya Bunches

Grammy