Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Obstacle Course

Since standing and walking is the choice activity of our little Sweet Pea, we have utilized our ottoman cubes to build an "obstacle course" to give her more practice. She is still getting used to it, but she likes when we put her stuffed frog somewhere along the course for her to rescue.

Sometimes she will even try to take a shortcut and squeeze between the cubes.

More practice is definitely needed, especially going around the corners...as Riley will sometimes fuss when she comes to one. I guess there is uncertainty about how to go around, so she will often stop at the corner, sit down and crawl around the corners...but she is definitely determined to get to the end goal.

Speaking of obstacle courses...For the past 4 nights, Riley has awaken in the middle of the night...only to be found crawling and climbing in her crib. (Thankfully, we have the very best baby monitor that picks up every sound she makes.) Sunday night when I checked out the action on the monitor in the middle of the night, I found Riley climbing to stand up, so I rushed into her room, only to find her laying back down asleep. So, I am not sure, but it seems she was tackling some sort of obstacle course in her sleep.

Needless to say...with all of the climbing...JD had to lower the crib again to the lowest level.

Now, if she wakes up at 2 a.m., we don't have to worry about a baby launching over the side of the crib in her sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, you are getting so big so fast. Your Nana is so proud of you. It is hard to believe that you are doing all this walking and climbing. Please don't grow up too fast. Love and Miss you, Nana