Sunday, March 1, 2009

Squirmy

With some special birthdays just around the corner, Riley and I had a busy shopping day today. So, while Daddy headed off to softball practice, the girls headed out to the mall. It was a beautiful day, with sunny, bluebird skies, and just a slight chill in the air, so we headed to The Shops at La Cantera to find a few goodies. I thought I had the whole trip planned just perfectly, until Riley decided that she no longer wanted to have anything to do with the stroller ride...where she sits facing forward. This was only the beginning of a long shopping adventure, with baby in one arm, trying to navigate the stroller with the other arm, and no arms left for really checking anything out or opening doors. I tried a couple of times to entice Riley back into her stroller, but with no luck, we made do. She doesn't seem to like not being able to see us when she is the forward facing seat of the stroller. So, we'll have to work on that one!

After making it home, to our final destination, we Skyped with Grammy and Aunt Mary, and played ourselves silly. Riley had a ton of energy this afternoon and showed a bit of her curious side...getting into everything (not just the toys, seen in below's footage)!

Her latest fascination...strings and tags. If a toy has either of the two...you know where it is going to end up!

And Riley has given new meaning to the word "squirmy"...making diaper changes all the more challenging!

I think we may all end up sleeping very well tonight after all of the fun and excitement of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were squirmy and adventursome yesterday when Aunt Mary and I were skping with you and curious also. It looks like your mommy has captured you at your squirmiest (not sure if thst is a word or not) But anyway I told you Aunt Mary when we finished talking to you and your mommy that you are developing the cutest personality. I just love watching you at play or when you are sitting on your mommy's lap and just talking away like you are in your own little world. I love it. And I love you and your mommy and daddy also.
Love, Grammy/MOM