Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mirror, Mirror!

It is debatable when babies begin smiling. In the first weeks, we associate baby smiles with the one and only gaseous moments they may be experiencing. So, it is often difficult to determine when your baby smiles for the first time.

JD and I like to believe that Riley has been smiling at us for weeks…but more than likely the cute little grins that we have been seeing has been associated with some gas (although Daddy can be quite silly)! Last evening, however, I will claim that Riley did smile for the first time…and she wasn’t smiling at JD or me. She was actually playing on her Little Einstein play mat. The music was on and I was positioning the mirror so she could see herself. Then, I tickled her nose, so she would recognize that she was actually looking at herself in the mirror. This is what I captured…
"Am I cute or what???"


"Oh no, busted for checking myself out in the mirror!"


"Just let me get this one last hair in place."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding Cute or Not. Well yes I am cute there is no doubt about that. Riley you are so photogenic and Karen I love how you capture the moment. How wonderful. I cannot wait till I get to work in the morning and see what pics you have posted. I love it. Just one observation I do n ot think that she has worn the same outfit twice. What a wardrobe. Well I better get something done here I will check in later.
Love you all bunches
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Hey RIley,
Get ready...two more of your aunts are on the way! Boy, now that Grammy has figured out how to put comments, she is unstoppable!!! I think Cindy and I are timing out visit just right....you are going to be full of laughs and smiles! Can't wait to meet you!
Love,
Aunty Chrissy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile, Riley!
Keep 'em coming!
Love,
Aunt Cindy and Uncle Chris