Everything was going just as it had on days when Riley was on a fairly consistent schedule. She even fell asleep when I was reading a story at 12:30...so I thought great...she is ready for her afternoon nap a little early...but that was okay, as she was back on her schedule. So, I swaddled her up, and in the crib she went.
She slept for all of about five minutes...then BAM! Those sweet blue eyes were wide open staring straight into the baby monitor camera, as I watched from the office...but she didn't fuss right away. As a matter of fact she laid quite peacefully, yet awake in her crib for about 30 min. She faded in and out a few times, and finally decided enough was enough, vocalizing that she was ready to get up and about.
And that is about how the remainder of the day unfolded. I guess you could say Riley was making up for all of the sleep she stored up from yesterday. She somehow managed to stay awake from 11:00 a.m. until after 10:30 p.m., with only a few 10-20 min. catnaps throughout the day. JD and I refer to these kind of days as marathons (watch out Aunt Christine)!
There was one moment in the evening, at approx. 6:15, when I thought maybe, just maybe Riley was going to go down for a good nap. I had just fed her, and decided I would take her for another short walk, hoping the fresh autumn air would help her relax. So, while I was putting my shoes on, I laid her on our bed for a brief minute, and low and behold, she was out cold...no swaddle required. She didn't move an inch and I wasn't going to interrupt...even if it did only last a short while.
Oh well...as Mom always reminds us...Tomorrow is another day and everything will look better in the morning. But it is rather late now...so goodnight!
Hugs and Kisses,
JD, Karen, and Riley
1 comment:
Hi again Sweet Pea and Mommy and Daddy too,
I am reading hear that mommy and daddy are calling you crabby. Well grammy is hear to tell you that you do not have to take that.
I love you and if they insist on saying that word then you are the cutest once I have ever seen.
I love you and I will peek in on you later.
Love Y'all Bunches
Grammy
Post a Comment