Thursday, October 8, 2009

CDC

For the past two weeks, I have been getting Riley into a new routine...Rise and shine at 7:00 a.m., instead of sleeping in. As you can see...she is quite comfy and snugly in the mornings, so not always willing to budge!
We have been heading out early because we are working on transitioning Riley to daycare again. No, I don't have a job yet, but am starting to consider exploring options for my career again. Our neighbor gave us the inside scoop on Ridgedale Baptist Child Development Center, and after visiting several other daycares, we knew this was the place for Riley. It is very homey and has an excellent teacher to child ratio...only 8 children with 2-3 teachers throughout the day. There are wonderful play areas both inside and outside and a huge gym to play in when the weather is crummy. Riley has already found some favorite toys in her room and is getting used to the other children...all boys, except one other girl. Since Riley is on table food, she is required to eat all meals and snacks at the daycare. This has taken some getting used to, but she has only been a handful of times and for only a few hours each morning.

The first week, I attended a few hours each day with her, but this week, she attended Wed-Fri from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. all by herself. The first day I left her, there were no tears at all. The second day and today, she did cry a little, but didn't take long to recover. We will continue to take her to the CDC at least part time, so she stays used to her new teachers and schedule.

Of course, I think Riley is the cutest sweet pea at her new "school".
Of course, she is the cutest sweet pea with the worst case of puppy love too!

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

She is so cute! I'm so glad that the part time daycare is going well so far. See you Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea, you would be Nana's choice for any contest. You are such a pretty little girl and Nana misses you very much and Mommy and Daddy. Hope to see you soon. Love, and lots of kisses, Nana