I hesitantly dropped her off at 6:45 this morning. It was nice and quiet, as not many kids had arrived just yet. After getting her settled in, and stealing a few hugs and kisses, I was out the door with only a few tears shed (by me, of course...Riley was smiling when I left).
I was very fortunate that the work day flew by...and before I knew it, I was heading out the door. I did sneak out a few hours early today, since it was Riley's first day. Wouldn't you know...she was happy as could be when I stuck my head in her daycare room. She was standing, holding onto a small bookshelf chewing on a toy. When she saw me, she gave me a big smile, then went right back to babbling and bouncing up and down. When I snatched her up to give her a hug and kiss, she actually leaned out as if she wanted to down to play so more. I guess tomorrow, I don't have to worry about heading out of the office as early.



Since she only had 2 shorter naps throughout the day, we came home and played for about an hour. Riley discovered another door stopper, tried scaling the wall, and then found time to play with her ball and walker, before tuckering out for an afternoon nap.
Keep your fingers crossed that each day gets a little easier in the adventures of daycare.
1 comment:
Hey Sweetie,
Yiou looked cuter than cute on your first day of day care. It sounds like you are adjusting real good. It is Mommy we have to take care. That is your job while Daddy is away by keeping the smiles coming and eating all your veggies and fruits. You both take good care of each other.
Love,
Grammy
Post a Comment