Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daddy's Home

Riley and I made it to the airport just in time on Friday night. Daddy was already downstairs waiting for his luggage when we made it through the doors. Thank goodness his luggage wasn't lost this trip, as Riley does like to climb on it.

We were both very excited to JD arrive home after 3 weeks away. Riley was all smiles over her "I Love Hanover" teddy bear. Good thinking Dad...this bear is just the perfect size!
Hugs for Daddy.
Saturday we enjoyed a day filled with rough-housing. JD is the perfect jungle gym and Riley will climb and tumble right over the top of him. And yes...she loves to explore faces...sticking her fingers in our mouths and sometimes catching us off guard with a finger up our noses!

Once the temps warmed up to the mid 90's, we lathered on the sunscreen and headed to the wonderful outdoor pool at our gym. We parked our stuff under a built in sun shade, where Riley enjoyed playing with a mini basketball and our goggles while waiting to make a big splash.
The many hot days here in San Antonio, have helped the water warm up to the perfect temperature. However, with the intensity of the sun, I was glad to find a hat to protect her sweet little head from a sunburn. Although Riley wasn't too fond of the hat on her head, trying over and over again to pull it off, she eventually grew used to it...not that she had much choice with the strap in place.
Riley loves to play on the side, especially in the shallow water where she can walk back and forth holding onto the edge. Unfortunately, the shallow end was a bit crowded, so we spent most of our time in the deeper end where we would hold Riley and let her practice kicking.
Then, we also tried out her new float complete with a shade cover. JD and I took turns towing her around, which she mostly enjoyed. Of course, our goggles made the perfect chew toy, while watching all of the many kids splash about.
It was a great weekend with JD home. Riley loved the extra attention of her Daddy, while I enjoyed an extra helping hand with everything else. Although JD leaves bright and early Monday morning, it will only be a short two weeks before we meet again...next trip...Memorial Weekend...when Riley and I will take our first trip to Chattanooga!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley, it looks like you had a good time with your Daddy this weekend...your adventures are endless! Maybe when you get a little older, your Mommy and Daddy will bring you here and let you play in a really big pool - the Atlantic Ocean! Hope you gave Mommy a nice Mother's Day. Talk to you all soon.
Love,
Aunty Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,
By the looks of all the hugs you were giving Daddy you were very happy to have him home. Did you get his suit case unpacked?
I love your swimming float for the water. Grammy wants one like that. Can I borrow it sometime? You look great.
Love
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Riley I am not sure who was having more fun you or daddy. I love you and miss you so much. Hope to see you very soon. Love Nana