Saturday, November 8, 2008

Survivin'!

What a week! I am proud to say that we all survived my return to work this week. Not that I worried so much about JD and Riley spending all day together...I was just more worried about me getting out the door each morning. Saying goodbye to our little sweet pea each morning grew more difficult as the week went on. Monday was difficult and tears were shed on the way to the office, but by Thursday, I was miserable. Good thing we are well stocked with Kleenex, especially in the car.

Friday, Riley made my day...as she woke up about a half-hour before I needed to be out the door. So, I had opportunity to cuddle with her and feed her. Mornings are one of my favorite times of the day with her, so it made my day that she woke up to say goodbye.

There was some transition time that took place this week, and JD tackled it like a pro. Monday was smooth sailing during the day, with a bit of fussiness at night.
Then Tuesday was the opposite. I guess it was about noon time, and JD says that is when it dawned on Riley, that Mommy just wasn't around during the day anymore, and she fussed and fussed for the afternoon.
Then, that evening, she was just perfect.
The latter half of the week, Riley found her comfort zone and had a ball with her Daddy. JD even discovered some new ways to get her to smile, and even laugh. Yep...our little baby girl is beginning to laugh...just a small giggle, but it just makes our day when we get to hear it!
Riley is growing to be more motivated during tummy time, and as JD mentioned, well on her way to learning to roll over and crawl. It's awesome to see how she gets her legs in motion with pushing, more than ever before. This video shows it all!

No comments: