Saturday, November 8, 2008

Friday Night, Family Night

Now that we have a baby on board, Friday night will be our family night. After a long week of work and time away from our munchkin, JD and I want Fridays to be all about just relaxing with and enjoying our time together as a family. So, yesterday, I just couldn't wait to get home!

When I pulled up to the driveway, there was the best treat of the whole week...JD and Riley waiting anxiously in a lawn chair parked on my side of the garage. It was too cute! We headed inside for some hugs, kisses and a little play time before dinner.

Riley had first dibs on dinner, then snuggled up for an evening nap. Thank goodness...Mommy hasn't lost her touch!
Then, JD and I headed out for a quick bite to eat, while Riley napped. Riley seemed to enjoy the brisk fall air, as we sat outside at a cafe not too far from home. The air was cool and refreshing,which is probably why Riley had such a sleepy evening. Here I was looking forward to more family time after dinner, but Riley opted instead for a bit more milk before heading to dreamland around 7:30. She snoozed on our bed with us for a short while and fell into such a deep sleep, we decided to forgo changing her into jammies. Luckily it didn't seem to phase her, as she still woke up this morning...all smiles!

There's just one unsolved mystery...What did Riley dream about? For when JD put her to bed, she was at the far end of the bed (down by the blankets, with her feet touching the bumper)...and by morning, she had wiggled all the way to the other end, until the bumper stopped her from going any further!
I guess this the cause for her little bald spot on the back of her head. She has always had a bit of what we call a "clown" hair line, but the bald spot...well, this is something new that has developed over the past couple of weeks. We figure it has developed from all the wiggling she does when laying on her back.

Hopefully, this little baldie spot will heal and not become a permanent trademark. I look forward to some pigtails and braids in her future!

No comments: