Saturday, November 8, 2008

Giggles!

Riley loves playtime in front of the mirror. Some days we will just sit in front of the mirror in our room to see what she will do. Usually she will start off noticing that you are there and just watch what you do. Then, it will finally dawn on her that she is in the mirror too, and at first she might just stare. Then, eventually she will crack a smile and keep looking back between herself and whoever is holding her.

Over the past week or two, she has started to show more shy tendencies. When she sees herself in the mirror, she will smile, then duck away into the shoulder or chest of whoever is holding her and look the other way. I usually turn around, so she can see herself anyway, and again, she will smile and shy away. It is too sweet!

Now that Riley is getting bigger, we can add a little more movement during playtime...and boy, does she love it...which we can tell by the smiles and the giggles that she has started to share with us! We captured these videos Saturday afternoon.


Sorry this one is sideways...I didn't realize that would happen if I held the camera vertical and we do not have a program that will flip the video, but it was way too cute to not post!

I hope she is full of smiles and giggles for all of you when we are home over the holidays.


Love,
JD, Karen and Riley

No comments: