Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween was definitely more than just a one day event for us this year...which I guess is a good thing, so the kids could get a lot of wear out their costumes.

Our sweet little Penguin
And our spunky little Cheerleader (why Tennessee you ask..."da Bears" cheerleader outfit did not make it in time...despite ordering it 10 weeks ago).
Thursday night we kicked off the fun with VW's "Night at the Aquarium". What an exciting evening! Of course we have been to the aquarium at least a dozen times or more since living in Chattanooga, but this night was better than ever! The place was decked for the occasion with lights throughout, divers in the tanks were dressed in costume, and even the penguins were in disguise. There were a ton of activities for the kids, including trick-or-treating, face and hair painting, a balloon clown, pumpkin painting, singing/dancing show, costume contest...and super yummy food and drinks. I must say...VW can throw one heck of a party! We all had a great time and stayed out way past our bed times.

Day two in costume was for a Halloween parade and party at Riley's school. I was thrilled to get to coordinate lunch during this time, so I could join in the festivities with her. The kids had a ball during the parade and trick-or-treating, before going out to the "pumpkin patch" to pick out a pumpkin. The lunch party was fun, as I had the chance to meet the other kids in Riley's class, but boy was it hard to say good-bye before nap time. At that very moment...I wished that I could've swept her up and taken my girl home for an afternoon with Mommy...but work prevailed :(

Day 3 in costume (don't worry, I did laundry every night!)...we had planned on trick-or-treating in the neighborhood...but not many lights were on. So, we took some photos of the kids,
then finally carved our pumpkin.

Day 4 in costume...Our neighborhood picnic, with a grand finale of a parade and trick-or-treating for the kids. The weather was perfect and the kids made out like bandits, as there was enough candy for an army.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley and Zach, how cute are you and looks like you had so much fun. Nana wishes she could have been there with you. Hope to see you very very soon. Love Nana

Todd and Courtney said...

I love the kid's costumes!!!! The VW party sounds awesome! Let's get together soon. Todd leaves Thursday and won't be back until Monday. Weekend plans?

Anonymous said...

Riley and Zach,
You are the cutest cheerleader and penguin I have ever seen! I wish I could give you hugs and kisses right now! :) I am glad you got more than one use out of your costume!

Love you!
Aunt Cindy