Friday, June 11, 2010

Daily Routine

Our daily routine is well underway...at least for the next 8 weeks (at which time, I plan to return to work). Zach usually wakes up first, any where between 5 and 6 a.m., I feed and play with him until Riley wakes up around 6:30. If Zach goes back to sleep after eating, then mornings are super simple, but if he stays up, then, it it's a bit like a juggling routine to entertain him while getting Riley dressed and fueled up for the day, but we take just one step at a time.

After some morning play time and reading, we hit the road around 8:30 to head to Ridgedale. It's important that Riley stay in the routine of attending daycare, so my move back to work in August is not too traumatic for both of us. Right now, she only attends a partial day, which gives her the opportunity to play with her friends, eat lunch and nap. I often feel guilty taking her, while I am at home, but I know the routine is essential. It also gives Zachary and I extra one-on-one time for bonding, just as I had with Riley when she was an ity bitty.

By the time I get home, or run errands, then return home, take my daily walk/jog, clean house, shower, and prepare some dinner, it is amazing how time flies...and it is already time to pick Riley up or await her arrival with JD. There just are not enough hours in a day. I have a project list, which seems to be a mile long, and very little time to tackle all that is listed. Hmmm...how will I manage working full-time too??? As I tell myself every day...just one day at a time!

Life on Chinkapin Court is rocking these days...but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love our two sweet babies more than anything!
Riley...and all her lovies. We have parties with them just about every day. She loves to play "jump up and down" with them.
Zachary...exhausted from at the end of his tummy-time.
How could life get any better?!

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

Is that really Zachary? NO WAY! He has grown so much. I LOVE Riley's Gymboree outfit. Can she be any cuter with her animals? Jill and I are meeting at Chick Fil A Wednesday for lunch if you can join us. I'll shoot you an email :)

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness you two babies are just growing up too fast. I miss everyone. Can't wait to see you all. Hang in there Mom, you are doing a wonderful job...Love you, Nana/Mom