Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Walk in the Park

Riley was scheduled for her first haircut today, but unfortunately, our hair stylist, Mary, had to cancel. So, instead we headed downtown to Coolidge Park for a family walk. It was a cool, partly cloudy morning, but perfect for a stroll to explore some new paths.
Along the path we enjoyed a few minutes in front of the infamous fountains...

A stop at a unique music station made out of recycled metal...

A close-up of a big, purple rhinocerous...

And many views of the beautiful Chattanooga riverfront.

Riley even did her part to help keep the park looking it's best...she stopped and picked every single dandelion that caught her eye. Of course, in her eyes, I am sure they are the most beautiful flowers!

After a few quick stops at some specialty shops on the North Shore, we headed home for nap time, followed by a long afternoon of playing in the backyard.

It was a great day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Pea, it looks like you really love it outside. What wonderful weather you have been having to go out and enjoy yourselves. The park looks like a fantastic place you can run and have a great time. I hope you will take Grammy there to enjoy with you someday soon. I would love to go with you.
Love,
Gigi
PS: Love your pink shoes

Anonymous said...

Riley, it looks like all three of you had a wonderful weekend. I agree with you sweetheart those flowers are so pretty and when they turn white you can blow them all over the place. Nana cant wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks..Love and lots of hugs and kisses for all. Nana

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea I wish I were there with you. It looks like you had a great time at the park.
Love Aunt Mary