Saturday, April 24, 2010

4 Weeks to Due Date

My, oh my...how Zachary has grown over the past 36 weeks!
And now...Riley thinks my baby belly is really good for one thing...holding her sticker collection! (Warning - this is a belly shot, so close your eyes if you don't want to see...but too funny not to share! She was so engrossed in decorating my belly with stickers one night...it really was hilarious!)

With just weeks until we welcome our little man into the world, we thought maybe this time around we should actually have the emergency hospital bags packed and ready to go. (Something we didn't have done when my water broke with Riley.) Although this time, things are a bit more complex, as we have an extra special bag to pack for our one and only Riley girl. So, four bags later, the trunk of my car has everything we all need to survive at least one or two nights away from home. Now I must prepare mentally for a night or two away from our little Sweet Pea. Believe it or not, this will be the first time ever that I will be away from her overnight. It makes me sad to think about and I know that she will be in very good hands...but I am her ma-ma...and well...that gives me every right to worry! What makes me smile is thinking about her meeting her baby brother for the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Karen. My how you have blossomed. I especially like how Sweet Pea has made your tummy into a sticker board. What a hoot.