Preparations continue at the Blagg household for the arrival of Riley's little brother. The focus this week, washing all of Zachary's clothes and organizing his closet. We have received so many adorable onesies and outfits in varying sizes. Also, our neighbors, the Hensley's, have a sweet little boy, Hudson, who was born May 1 last year. Perfect timing for a ton of wonderful hand-me-downs. This will save mommy from having to shop so much (Thank you Hud, Bonnie and Jamie)! This activity helped generate the final list of "must-haves" before Zach's arrival. So, with the list complete, we can plan to tackle the final shopping next weekend!
Zachary has become even more active over the past weeks, and movements can be seen often times, from across the room. After eating a yummy ice cream sandwich last night, Zach did, what we refer to as "the wave", and we think Riley even caught a glimpse of this, as she came running over to pat my belly. Too funny!
Our little man is often most active in the early morning and late night hours (uh oh!), but is becoming more active throughout the day...like clock work around snack and meal time. He hasn't waken me during the night yet, I think I am the one always waking him, as I get up to go to the bathroom 2 - 4 times a night. When I return to bed, he is not shy about letting me know that I have disrupted his slumber, as he struggles to get comfortable. Although this often keeps me awake, and leads to grogginess the next day, these are the moments I truely adore most.
Feeling the baby move, is by far, the very best thing about being pregnant. For so many months, it's as if you "forget" that you have a little life growing inside, but when the movements of the baby become so strong and noticeable, it is an amazing feeling to know that there is a little person developing inside you, depending on you for everything.
With only 6 weeks until our due date, we are all growing quite anxious to meet the newest member of our family!
2 comments:
Me too. I cannot wait to meet Zach. It sounds like he likes ice cream. YUM!!!!! Riley is going to be such a great help to you. I bet she had an awesome time helping w/the laundry. She probably wanted to put the little onesies on her doll babies. I cannot wait to hear how she reacts when she sees Zach for the first time. I am sure it will be priceless. I love you all bunches. Hugs and kisses.
MOM/Grammy
What a wonderful Mommy you have Riley and Zackary. I cannot wait to meet him. Lots of hugs and kisses, Mom/Nana
Post a Comment