Friday, December 11, 2009

What a Friday!

Wow...I think Mommy might be just as pooped as Riley this evening. It has been one crazy Friday. Our first stop this morning...Dr. Alcantara's office, as Riley was scheduled for her final round of flu shots this morning...both the seasonal and H1N1. Poor baby has had her fair share of shots over the past two months, and you know she is tired of them, especially when she about bursts into tears at the shear sight of our sweet nurse when she comes to the waiting room to walk us to the exam room. This round was rough...two shots in the same leg, and it hurt. Riley cried and cried and rubbed her poor leg afterwards. Thankfully, a few Honey Nut Cheerios helped ease the pain.


Since Riley has been waking at night with a terrible cough, I had the doc check her over one last time before full-time daycare begins next week. Sure enough...the congestion settled in Riley's ears as a double ear infection. So, maybe her fussiness earlier in the week was a big sign that I confused with missing daddy syndrome.

After a short morning at daycare, while I sprinted through 1/2 of my Christmas list, Riley and I headed home for an afternoon of non-stop play. Riley was a big helper while I wrapped a few presents...trialing one gift that we picked out for Riley's new cousin, Ethan. She definitely gave it two thumbs up!!


After a good afternoon nap, we Skyped Daddy (the highlight of our day), ate some yummy lasagna for dinner, and played hard again until bathtime. I think Riley was glad to see our day come to an end, as there was no fighting sleep tonight. Hopefully, with a couple doses of the antibiotic in her system, we will both have an evening of restful slumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls, It sounds like you had a very busy Friday. Lots of loose ends to tie up before you start a different routine. Remember it is not the quantity of time you spend together but the quality. Love ya both.
Grammy/MOM