Sunday, December 13, 2009

Girls Weekend

With Daddy out of town, Riley and I had an all girls weekend...and it was one of the best ever! We started off with a trip to the Creative Discovery Museum where we met up with Courtney and Lauren. The girls seemed to have a blast, despite the crowd at the Little Yellow House. Riley enjoyed showing Lauren the hot spots in the house, although Lauren was quick to warm up and explore on her own. (Thanks for a great visit girls!) After an afternoon nap, and a visit with our neighbors, Bonnie and baby Hudson, Riley played Mommy's little elf and helped me hit one last shop before stopping by UPS to ship some very important packages.

Today, we enjoyed sleeping in a bit later than usual. Then, after a morning of play, we took one short trip out for a few groceries and lunch at our favorite weekend place...Jason's Deli. Then, we headed home to enjoy each other's company before the big day tomorrow. Riley was such a good sport as I took a few final shots for our family Christmas card this year (with a little help from some juicy blueberries). It should arrive at your home, just in the knick of time!

So, we did cheat a little on our girl's weekend...we couldn't skip Skyping Daddy a few times. Riley was tickled pink to see her Da-Da. Although now when she sees the computer, she points to it and says Da-Da. (Daddy...I think that is a crystal clear sign that you have been gone too long. Come home soon!)

3 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

She's so cute!!! I love her outfit. I can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow. Call or email if you have time after work. LOVED seeing you two Saturday. Must do again asap!

Anonymous said...

Riley, you can be Nana's present any day!!! You look so darn cute. I am so glad you were a good helper for mommy. Good luck Mommy and Riley on your first day of work. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Just love your little boots, Riley! I think Aunt Cindy needs to get on the ball and get herself a pair. I'm just not sure they'll look as good on me! :)
Glad you are enjoying the holiday season and helping Mommy out so much!
Love,
Aunt Cindy