15 months already...amazing! What a joy to have spent the last 4 months at home with my little Sweet Pea to see all of the changes that Riley has been making. She has developed into such a sweet little toddler...with streaks of the Allgeier temper on occasion...complete with a look that will stop you in your tracks. But truly overall, Riley will steal your heart. At 15 months she is full of love, giving away hugs and kisses. Especially memorable are the times that she will actually come up to us and put her arm around us to initiate a hug, then top it off with a little pat on our back. Love it!
As you can tell from the photo above, Riley now knows hold old she is when asked. She also continues to love all of her books...growing especially fond of getting a good read and heading to her little green chair to look at the book by herself. On occasion, she will also take one of her dolls or stuffed animals to the chair with her to read.
Books are how we often start our day and finish our day. Usually when Riley wakes up, she will point to her book basket and want to dive straight in for a favorite book. The worst temper tantrum to date was actually over a book...it was just a week or so ago...I had found her Dr. Seuss book "There's A Wocket in my Pocket". It was upstairs on the entertainment shelf. I had set it upright on the shelf, not thinking anything of it. We happen to be upstairs watching a Mickey Mouse Playhouse special one evening, when she saw it and kept pointing to it. I told her we would take it downstairs at and read it at bedtime, but she did not like that answer, thus throwing herself on her knees, sobbing and beating her head against the ground. Needless to say, I gave in, as I didn't want to see a concussion occur over a book. How can I be disappointed...Riley loves books...yeah!!!! Yes...she also loves to beat her head against things when she is told "no"...yikes!!! (Doctor says it's just her temper, and to move her somewhere safe when she starts head-banging.)
The best word to describe Riley right now...INDEPENDENT! She is exploring every nook and cranny of her independence, which can be intriguing, yet at times, frustrating. Eating is one area that I am struggling with, as Riley wants to do everything herself. She will rarely eat, unless she is feeding herself...which you can see can be very, very messy. Oh well...it's all part of learning.
The girl loves her fruits and veggies...but meat...not so much! And we have to work on mashed potatoes (a staple at Thanksgiving), as she just will not eat more than a bite or two.
What else has Riley been up to over the past month...She can identify several body parts...including her favorite...her nose. She thinks putting her finger up her nose is, of course, the funniest thing ever! If she is having an obstinate moment, she will sometimes put her finger up her nose and just keep staring up at me until I notice, because she likes me to tell her "no" and pull her finger out. She will laugh and do it again and again...silly girl.
So, why the encouraging picture...pure blackmail for when she is older. I also have a hilarious video. I know who will have the last laugh over this new found "funny" trick!!!
Her favorite toys right now...Her baby, of course, which we enjoy taking on walks when it is nice outside.
Other favorites...anything with dogs or Elmo. When she sees or hears a dog, she will pant like crazy, and she will look through a toy magazine and find Elmo on different pages, and squeal with excitement.
Riley is very active...She likes to use pillows to help her climb onto the sofa, and is very good at getting down. She prefers to walk up the stairs while hold our hands...even alternating feet as she steps up. Just the other day she started turning around in circles and would clap every time she completed a rotation.
I am proud to say that her vocabulary is definitely growing. Although she cannot say words very clearly sometimes, she is trying more and more. She says "pu" for puppy and "bir" for bird. We think she is now saying "cracker" and "quack"...in her own unique way. She is also signing more words...We don't have to ask if she is hungry, as she will initiate this on her own with the sign for food. She also knows "milk" and "please"...and we are working on "thank you"...maybe we'll have it down by Thanksgiving.
Love you all. Thanks for checking in our sweet baby girl!

3 comments:
Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the photos and the 15 month update. Looks like our Sweet Pea is growing up and learning all kinds of new things...especially regarding her nose! :) Have a great weekend!
Love,
Aunty Christine
WOW Sweetie!!!!!! I cannot beleive the progress you have had since I was there just a couple of weeks ago. You are Grammy's lean growing machine (suppose to say mean, lean)can't do that because regardless what mommy and daddy says you do not have a mean bone in your body. Uh Uh!!!! Honey They will never convince me of that. I am so happy that your mommy has had the opportunity to stay home with you these last couple of months. They are wonderful memories for her and you are the love of her life well and daddy is to as well. Thank You so much for all the enjoyment that you have given me. I love to check in on you everyday just to see what you are up to. Now you are going to have to stop growing so darn fast. I cannot keep up with you.
I love you so much and happy 15th month and hugs and kisses for all.
Thank You Mommy and Daddy
Love,
Grammy/mom
OMG OMG And I never type OMG, I about died laughing at the nose picture. I just love that girl!
Post a Comment