Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

It rained yesterday in town, so we were put to the test with planning alternate activities after dinner.

Since we still do not have cable hooked up, JD turned on one of his PlayStation games. I wish we would've caught the first round of Riley watching the game start, because it was too funny. Her eyes were glued to the t.v. and when the the action music started, she was bouncing and swinging her arms...it was hilarious. So, this is round two...(She knows how to turn the PlayStation off and on, and just happened to walk up to it and turn it off in the middle of Daddy's game.)

Actually the rain made for a perfect afternoon of napping, and Riley didn't seem to notice the crackling of thunder. She is beginning to fall into a nice routine of waking around 8:00 a.m., then napping between 2-3 hours around the same time each afternoon. Hopefully, this trend continues so I can plan our daily activities. However, if it does, then she might just be asleep during her first birthday party...but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

As you can see, Riley seems to have a thing for purses and shoes...watch out Daddy! I think a little pink purse has made it to the top of her birthday list, so I best get shopping.


Riley must have inherited her Daddy's genes for growing hair...I can't believe she has a full head of hair already...enough to make a bubbly mohawk!

Too funny!
We love and miss you all...can't wait to see you all very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley,
I am just so amazed at how big and cute you are getting...and your first birthday is right around the corner! So, be on the lookout in the mailbox for special treats coming your way. I can't wait to see you again...miss you all!
Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Knock, Knock, Sweet Girl!
That was so precious! We hope to be visitors real soon! Keep a look out for us!
Love,
Aunt Cindy and Uncle Chris