Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh What a Feeling!

The best news of the week...The unpack is complete...and Riley could not be more excited. I finished the last few boxes after Riley went to bed last night. Fortunately, Riley came through with only a few bumps and bruises. Yes, she has taken several falls throughout the past week, mostly from getting oriented with the new place, but also from rushing to get places and then tripping over her own feet. It scared me to death when she fell and hit her forehead on the edge of the end table. It had a red welt all day, but then just a faint bruise by the next day...she must have a very hard head!

In honor of our big accomplishment while Daddy is away, we both took pleasure in sleeping in today. Riley didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning (a big change from 5 or 6 a.m.). Then, we had breakfast, and spent the morning just chilling out and playing.

Since Riley slept in, I figured we could head to the YMCA mid-morning then return for an afternoon nap. We made it 1/2 way, when Riley protested with enough fussing to make me pull over and spend a few minutes in the back seat with her. So, we turned around and headed back home, and wouldn't you know...she fell asleep about a mile from the house. It was only 10:30, but she obviously needed a morning nap. This is two days in a row that she has gone down at the same time and took a 1 1/2 hour nap. We'll see if there is a pattern tomorrow, so I can better plan our days.


We finally made it to the YMCA late this afternoon. Riley was a little uncertain about the child watch area. She didn't cry too terribly much, but when I returned to pick her up, the girls asked if she could crawl...I guess she was so apprehensive about her new surroundings,, that she was attached to the daycare providers hip and wouldn't venture around too much. They were shocked when I told them she could walk. The Y is going to become a part of our daily routine, so little Miss Riley gets used to having some separation from Mommy again, and has time to play with other kiddos! I know she will love it after she gets used to it!


After dinner, we did the usual...hung out in the great outdoors! Riley had her favorite dessert...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Cutie,
YUM!!!!! Dessert. Is there dirt pudding in there? Save me some.
Congrats to mommy for getting all the unpacking done. YEAH!!!!! for mommy. Just think daddy will be home tomorrow evening. That is great. You Enjoy you new adventures in Cattanoogga.
Love Grammy/MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness, Sweet Cheeks!
You are a movin' and a shakin' these days! Sorry to hear you bumped your sweet head...it will get better with time--and more coordination.
Give your Mommy a big hug and kiss for getting all the unpacking done. Daddy will be pleasantly surprised!
Oh yes...I must mention that I received the cutest package in the mail--especially for you, for your 1st Birthday. Hint: it has your name all over it!
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love,
Aunt Cindy