Monday, June 15, 2009

Whirl Wind Weekend!

Riley had a super busy, super fun filled weekend...but it came to an end all too quickly! We flew to Cincinnati, to visit with family and to attend a swimming reunion on Saturday night. Riley was an absolute angel on the two flights into Cincy, despite an hour and a half delay through Charlotte...and the look on Riley's face when she saw JD at the airport was absolutely priceless!

Since we arrived so late on Friday, Saturday we spent the afternoon hanging out with the fam. Riley kept us all entertained with her expressive personality!




Saturday evening, JD and I took Riley to visit with Grandpa.
The game plan was for Riley to spend the evening with Grandpa and Essie, while JD and I attended the swimming reunion. This was Riley's first time away from us for late night engagement. The night started off okay...she cried a little when we first left, but then had fun playing with Grandpa for a while...until bedtime rolled around. Riley is definitely a creature of habit, and had a rough time being in new surroundings at nighttime. I think Grandpa was ready for some relief when JD and I showed up to pick up our sweet pea. Next evening out will have to be scheduled before the magical bedtime hour!

Sunday rolled around way to quickly, and it was time for everyone to start packing up for their trips back home. Riley couldn't stand it and tried her best to keep Aunt Christine from leaving!

In a matter of seconds, Riley had unpacked 1/2 of Aunt Christine's suitcase!

"Okay...you can go...but you have to take me with you!"

I'm sure Aunt Christine would take Riley home in a heartbeat!

After a wonderful birthday celebration for Aunt Mary, Grammy's house became quieter and quieter. Riley had a ball visiting with her Aunts and Uncle Chris. Then, we had to say goodbye to JD again, as he was headed back to Chattanooga. With all of the hustle and bustle coming to an end, Riley and Grammy needed a pick-me-up...so they shared a creamsicle.

Can you say spoiled????

And I do believe Riley hit a sugar high...as she had a terrible case of the giggles that followed shortly after. I had never seen her laugh so hard at the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". (We best lay off of the popsicles for a while!)
We love you all and miss you very much! Can't wait to be together again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...Where's the video of Riley's giggles...or should I say 'sugar high'? :)

Anonymous said...

We had the best time. It was short but oh so sweet. I loved every minute I shred with you sweetie and of course your mommy, daddy and aunts.
Love
Grammy

Anonymous said...

OOOOPPPSSSS!!!!! I hope you are a beter speller than me when you get older.
I also was thoughtless and forgot to include your Uncle Christopher, I know you enjoyed being with him as well.
Love Ya sweetie
Grammy