Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Social Butterfly

Riley has blossomed into quite the social butterfly over the past week, waving hello and good-bye to everyone. Sometimes it is a delayed wave, but there is definitely a very sweet wave that gets a lot of attention.

At daycare, they often keep the door to the hallway open and keep a safety gate in the doorway. Riley often waves at all the passerbys throughout the day. She will even initiate the wave, as people pass by us in the hallway or stores.

And the phone...I thought phones would wait until the teenage years...perhaps this is just a glimpse of what the future will hold. Riley is simply fascinated with phones and especially JD's Blackberry. She will even get a little jealous if I am talking on the phone when she is playing nearby, as she wants to hold the phone. The problem is...when I give her the phone to hold, she usually happens to find the button that ends the call.

We'll see just how social our sweet baby girl is this weekend, when we attend her friend Hayes' first birthday party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a little butterfly. You have the talking on the telephone down pat. Did your Daddy tell you no? and is that when you hung up on him? Just kidding. I also love
your little dance when you were skyping w/your daddy. So darn cute!!!!! Thanks again mommy for capturing all the great moments with our little Sweet Pea.

Love,
Grammy