I am just thankful that she has slept soundly through the night for the past couple of evenings, as I was beginning to wonder if our wonderful sleeper was taking on some new nightly routines. The first couple nights of her ear infection, Riley had a hard time just getting comfortable in her bed. Then, would wake up off and on throughout most of the night. Then, over the weekend, she slept through the night, but rose bright an early for a bottle. Last night, she finally slept all night, and didn't budge until I gave her some lovin' around 5:45 a.m. this morning.
Tonight, she must be catching up for lost shut-eye from last week...as I picked her up from daycare at 5:00, and by the time we arrived home, she was sound asleep in her car seat. I thought she would wake up as we came in the house, as she had 3 hours worth of naps this afternoon, but not a chance. So, I curled her up in her crib for an evening nap...that is still going on...and it is now 9:30 p.m. Hopefully, she is just catching up on her sleep, as this is the first time she has done this. I almost felt a little lost tonight as she has slept all evening.
Speaking of daycare, Riley has had many fun days at Mini Texans and comes home everyday with a most excellent report from her teachers. I think she is becoming a favorite....shhhh...don't tell the other kids or moms! Miss Brittany and Miss Elaine just rave about her when I pick her up each afternoon. She is even picking up on the sign language that they begin to introduce to her class. The first sign she has learned is "more". Now, we are working on "milk". I have heard very good things about teaching toddlers to sign, as it helps them communicate when they cannot speak the words.
Besides eating and working learning to sign, Riley really enjoys playing outside at her daycare. They have a wonderful grassy area just outside her classroom that has a little log cabin and slide, which Riley loves to explore. When inside, she likes to copy things that her teachers are doing, like rocking the cribs of kids trying to fall asleep for naps, or clapping or dancing to music that is playing. She plays nicely with the other kids in her room and is very much loved by all.
After all, who couldn't love a face like this???
2 comments:
Well Sweet Pea you had some serious catching up on napping to do. But that is understandable since you went from a sinus infection to a double ear infection. And besides sleeping makes you grow. I understand you sign for more when I watch the video with you eating the creamcicle, that would be waving your arms.hands. Love it.
Love you all
Grammy/MOM
Hi Sweet Pea!
I think you're intuition has kicked in and you're resting up for very near travel and weekend plans ahead, aren't you? I know I'm among many that are looking forward to seeing you!
Love,
Aunt Cindy
Post a Comment