Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Holiday

With VW on official winter holiday, JD and I have had a limited work schedule over the past week. What a luxury to have more time with our sweet kiddos to just play, play, play. We have thoroughly enjoyed playing with Riley's new kitchen (for hours on end) and helping to teach Zachary how to crawl, but have also ventured out into the cold winter weather for a few trips downtown for some added excitement. One morning I braved the aquarium with both kids by myself...exhausting, but way worth it. Riley was good about sitting in the stroller, and Zachary was okay with his trip in the Baby Bjorn and he was mesmerized by all of the water creatures.

Today, JD stayed home, so we hit the Children's museum, which is like a whole new experience as Riley grows older. Riley's favorite part...the water zone! But she also explored the Dinosaur area, craft table where she made a post card for the food bank, and the climbing zone-where she is becoming more adventurous...climbing higher than ever and not being so skittish.
This was Zachary's first trip to the museum, and he had a ball playing in the garden of the Little Yellow House, while Riley played in the kitchen.
Of course, no trip to the museum is complete without a ride (and a pic) in the red convertible.
I think I could dig the stay-at-home mom gig with fun trips like today! Hmmmm!!!!

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

The stay at home mom gig is the best. It's so fun playing the kiddos all day. Exhausting but so worth it :) I love seeing the pictures! I can't believe how fast they're growing!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture in the car!!! Hope the kids are feeling better soon!
Love,
Aunt Cindy