Sunday, July 11, 2010

Splish Splash

Saturday we had beautiful weather, sunny, with a nice breeze, so we decided to head back to great outdoor pool at the YMCA in Cleveland. We love to get there right when the pool opens, so we can get a prime location in the shade, and it's not as crowded.

JD and I take turns hanging out with Riley in the pool and with Zach in the shade. It makes for the best family fun. (Trips to the pool reminds me of when I was a kid and we would hang out at Hidden Valley Pool just about every day in the summer. I only wish this sweet outdoor pool was just down the street, like in our neighborhood in San Antonio.)

This week, I remembered to pack some pool toys, which was a huge hit...not just for Riley and Daddy, but there for some other boys and girls. It's amazing how kids gravitate to other kids and their toys. We had plenty to share, and at this age, Riley needs all the practice she can get to understand the concept...which was hard at first, but with some encouraging words she was okay after a while.

I would love to get our new little fish into the water, but am waiting for his swim diaper and trunks that I ordered to arrive. They should be in this week, so perhaps next weekend, he can cool off from the heat and splash around with us poolside. Regardless, I don't think he minded napping in the shade. Looks comfy to me.


Notice Mommy is not the one taking Riley under the water mushroom...thank goodness for Dad's!

I did work with Ry on blowing bubbles. She laughs when I blow bubbles and tries to do the same. After going under with her mouth wide open and lots of coughing afterwards, we gave it a rest for the day. But she does enjoy being towed around in the deep water, and will even jump off the side while holding our hands. I am thinking we should order some type of flotation device, so she can learn more about buoyancy...we'll see.

Zachary flexing his muscles...trying to pick up chicks!

Our fun day was followed up with a long afternoon nap for the kids, then dinner at PF Changs, followed by a trip to Toys R Us. This is the first time we have gone out to a later dinner (7:00 p.m.) as a family since Zach has joined us...usually if we only go out for lunch on the weekends. I must say, both kids were most excellent. Zach slept through the entire trip, and Riley enjoyed coloring and playing a game with us while waiting for dinner.

I wish every day could be so carefree and relaxing! When is vacation???

1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

That pool looks awesome. I wish we had a neighborhood pool or a neighborhood for that matter :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!