at least once, if not twice most nights. We are not sure what is causing the disruption to her sleep pattern, but for the past three weeks this has been the norm. She usually just wants a drink of milk or water, but sometimes she insists on company to snuggle with and since JD is on call for Riley (most nights), he has a hard time not giving in (of course, he then falls asleep right along side of her - which, I'm sure is not helpful in breaking this new habit). What to do, what to do??!!
Here is our bright eye-bushy tailed sweetheart...yes waking up in our bed (Mommy will take the blame for this one). You think she would at least be all smiles...but I guess everyone has their days when they "wake up on the wrong side of the bed".
Even though Riley has been waking up at night (which we hope resolves itself very soon), she continues to go to sleep on her own at night and during the day for naps. She seems to enjoy the quiet time to herself to play with her stuffed animals and dolls, or look at books, or build a pillow fort!
Zachary is now sleeping consistently from 8:30 -9:00 p.m. until somewhere after the 5:00 a.m. hour in his crib...and still falling asleep on his own. During the day, it's a totally different story. I would venture to say he is addicted to napping in his car seat, which doesn't bother me too much, since he sleeps so well in his crib at night. I am sure this position is very comfortable considering the acid reflux and aspiration. I am also experimenting with napping on his tummy, which seems to be successful too, just scary with the risk for SIDS.
Perhaps once we are back in a solid routine after I return to work, then you won't see any lights on during the wee hours of the night here in the Blagg home. Time will tell!!!
1 comment:
The first picture of Riley is totally Lauren when she gets up from naps :) I love it! Thanks for coming today. We LOVED it!
Post a Comment