Zachary proved to be Mommy's little hero today at his 2 month well baby visit. He was soooo good this trip (compared to the last one, at which he screamed almost the entire time), and didn't fuss at any of the poking and prodding...go figure considering I was well prepared with a warm bottle in his diaper bag. What I wasn't prepared for was the diaper change after his weigh in...I thought I had a diaper handy when I took him off the scale and back to the exam table, but low and behold I didn't. So, as I reached over to snag one out of the pocket of his diaper bag, wouldn't you know I didn't cover up his "fire hose"...at least only his little pants were within firing range.
Our little skipper checked out perfectly...weighing in at 11 lbs 2 oz and measuring 23 inches long. He was very brave during his two shots, which are always hard for me to watch...so I don't...I just focus on my sweet baby's face, which might be worse, as you see their expression change from peaceful and content to eye brows wrinkling, bottom lip protruding, and big tears welling (which seems to move in slow motion)...then the helpless cry. It didn't take long to settle Zach down and I was thankful that I had milk close at hand to ease the pain.
Surprisingly, Zach did not sleep much during the day, even after one dose of Tylenol for pain relief. He didn't mind his leg massages throughout the day, and I didn't mind a little extra snuggle time with my sweet boy.
1 comment:
What a brave little boy you are Zachary! Looks like Big Sister Riley also helped to make you feel better with a kiss!
Love, Aunty Christine
Post a Comment