Saturday, March 27, 2010

8 Weeks to Due Date

With only 8 weeks to our due date, I am growing a bit more anxious. Although I am no bigger than I was with Riley, I truly feel like by belly is going to pop this time around! I feel good and am relieved that I have passed all tests performed during this pregnancy. Right now, I am very optimistic about welcoming our little man into the world in just a matter of weeks.

Today we toured Parkridge East Hospital, which we have selected for our delivery.
It is a quaint, smaller hospital, not at all what I had pictured. The staff seems very welcoming and the rooms are a nice size...which hopefully, will be put to good use with family much closer than when we had Riley.

This week, JD's team at Volkswagen threw a surprise shower for him. It was such a nice event with good eats and amazing gifts to help us welcome baby Zachary into the Volkswagen family. We truly are blessed to have such a wonderful team of support through Volkswagen and appreciate all of the gifts...especially the loads of diapers and wipes, as this is what we needed the most! After having Riley and all things "pink", it is a strange sight to see a closet full of blue and boy themed clothes, blankets, and bibs.

(Yes...this closet is still under construction with a weekend already schedule for washing clothes and organizing all contents...but not until after Easter weekend!)

3 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

wow, only 8 more weeks? It feels like yesterday you told me that you're pregnant. Be prepared for me to bring dinner to you guys at the hospital :) I can't wait to give you some things for Zachary as well.....and what an awesome diaper stash! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

That was truely wonderful what they did for all of you. What a very nice blessing. I am sure it will all be but to good use. He is a very lucky little boy. LOts of LOve, Mom

Anonymous said...

How awesome!!!!!! It looks like you got quite a variety of items and will all pt to great use. Especially the diapers. You can never have too many of them. That was very nice of them to do this for you. Just think JD they were making plans on company time!!!!!!! Kidding. I cannot wait to meet Zachary, hard to believe it is just weeks away.
Love Ya All
MOM