What started as a few coughs last Saturday, turned into a few more on Sunday and way too many on Monday morning. They weren't the usual coughs associated with a stuffy nose, so JD made his first doctor appointment with Riley here in Tennessee. And the results...a slight case of croup! I was heartbroken for our sweet baby, as her cough was terribly painful, especially in the middle of the night and early morning. Sometimes the coughing would be so deep that it caused some vomiting...and eating was out of the question...no appetite.
Although definitely under the weather, Riley was still playful during the day, and was not feverish, so we still sent our little trooper to daycare, where she did great...until Wednesday. Riley had a coughing fit, which led to throwing up, and a slight temp of 1oo.3. So, Dada saved the day, picking her up early, and taking off Thursday to keep her at home to help her hit the road to recovery. I was so thankful, as I couldn't take another day of waking our Sweet Pea up at the crack of dawn after another restless evening. She needed a day to sleep in and rest in the comfort of her own home.
You know it wasn't a good day when you come home mis-matched from daycare.
It had been a while since Daddy Daycare had been in session, and let's just say...Riley got the best of her Dada. She re-initiated him with an oatmeal hair treatment for breakfast, flying yogurt at lunch, and a few other unexpected surprises throughout the day. The best surprise...no fever all day long. We were thrilled to see that the steroid that Dr. Alcantara prescribed was beginning to take effect, as the cough was diminishing, yet we still couldn't figure out why Riley was still so fussy in the evenings and not sleeping well. Was it just still not feeling well, or perhaps the two upper molars coming thru, or was it just a case of terrible two's haunting us a bit early.
Whatever the reason...today there was a breakthrough...Riley is such a tough cookie and definitely feeling better...just in time for a big Elmo show tomorrow with her BFF, Lauren!
3 comments:
OH Sweet Pea, Nana is so sorry you have been so sick. I wish I was there to help out with lots of hugs and kisses..I am sure Mommy and Daddy were great nurses. I sure hope you feel better soon. I miss everyone so much. Hope to see you real soon. Love Nana
I love her Elmo shirt!!!
What a week the three of you had. Hopefully all that is behind you and no more croup for you Sweet Pea. At the end of the day though I know Daddy did not mind the oatmeal in the hair and food flying, it will make for funny stories later on and he still loves his sweet little girl. You truly are Survivors.
Love you all
Grammy/MOM
Post a Comment