Even on the weekends, Riley is consistently sleeping until 7:30 or 8:00...and she is beginning to sleep through the night again (yeah)! Even after 10-11 hours of sleep, Riley likes some morning play time before breakfast and errands. As you can see...one of her favorite toys - her purses.
Saturday night Riley fell into a deep sleep before I could even thing about brushing her teeth...The day filled with time at the YMCA, swimming, grocery shopping and playing outside after dinner, flat wore her out! Riley has a lot of energy and needs as much physical activity as possible.
Since Friday and Saturday were exhausting, today we headed South to hit a few outlet stores, to see if we could get some good deals on some fall clothes for Riley. I don't think sweet little white dresses will be worn here for much longer.
It was a nice change of scenery to get out and explore new territory. We didn't have to drive too far and Riley didn't seem to mind, as she caught a few zzzzz's in the truck.
Riley was a pretty good sport as we shopped. Since the stroller is not her favorite spot, we snuck in a few breaks, so she could stand up, stretch and walk around. Occasionally I would let her out of the stroller in a store, and boy, is she quick to get clothes off the racks. Two words come to mind..."Texas Tornado".
When we arrived home, we were both ready for some dinner. Riley has been trying many new foods this week. We haven't received the official blessing from the doc yet, as her 12 month well-baby visit is not scheduled until this coming Wednesday, but I figured we would be given the go ahead. So, we have been exploring many different options. Most things I can at least get her to try 1 or 2 bites...but there is a trick I have discovered that helps her stay more open minded...I give her one of her forks or spoons to hold. If she is holding one of her own utensils, she seems to be more open to eating new foods...take the utensil away and she will shake her head to the side and throw up her arms in defense of a spoonful of just about anything coming her way. Some of the new foods she has tried...whole green beans, biscuit with Grandpa's homemade peach jam, scrambled eggs, bits of peanut butter bread and cheese bread (Daddy will be glad to hear that she likes both) and tonight, my chicken and noodle casserole a was huge hit! But she sure did get a little silly during our yogurt dessert that we shared (Banana Cream Pie - our favorite)!
We'll check back in after our doctor's visit on Wednesday to report the stats!
5 comments:
Hi Sweetie,
I love all the sweet moments that your mommy sends my way. Your giggles, smiles and how swwet you look in your little white dress. You are just growing up right before my eyes. It seems just like yesterday you were rolling over and now look you are walking and doing gymnastics. What will be next? I guess I will have to stay tuned for the many adventures of Riley. Love Ya Sweetie and you mommy and daddy too.
Grammy
I just love those giggles. I think they can be a little contagious. Miss you guys and can't wait to celebrate the big numero uno.
Love Aunt Mary
Sweet Pea,
You look like quite the angel in your white dress! Look forward to seeing you in just a matter of days!
Love,
Aunt Cindy
OH Sweet Pea, Your laugh would melt away all bad days. Nana loves to hear you laugh. I can't wait to see you and mommy and daddy in a few days... Nana is bringing lots of hugs and kisses your way. Love you very much, Nana
Riley, you too cute!!! We love hearing your giggles! You made Robbie and me giggle too!!! Big hugs and kisses from all of of us!
Love,
Tricia, Robbie, Will and Mike
Post a Comment