Friday, March 4, 2011

Crazy Days

Ridgedale had a crazy outfit/hat day to celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday...Riley was excited that I let her wear her leg warmers out and about!

The theme of the day, pretty much reminds me of our life right now, with a 2 1/2 year old. Yeap...it can be a bit crazy at times!

Riley has a step stool for the big girl potty in her bathroom, however, she knows that her handy step stool extends her reach by about a foot...and she has been taking full advantage throughout the house. Lately it has been making an appearance in and around the kitchen by the fridge, sink and pantry (although she has also been found scaling the shelves in the pantry to find her favorite snack - miniature marshmallows).
Surprises are always part of our crazy days...for instance...who knew Riley was so good at playing catch???
But she is also singing new songs that she has learned at school, repeating everything you say...especially those things that you thought she wasn't even listening to, and showing off her independence more and more.

"Rileyisms" have changed over the past 6 months...
  • For a while it was "shorrrre" (exaggerated sure)
  • Then it went to "niiiice" (exaggerated nice)
  • Then, "Do you like it?"
  • Now...we are more or less into the "NO" stage..."no", "no ma'am", "STOP" - it's probably a result of her environment, for at the ripe age of 2...we, her parents know that we say these things too often to her.
I must say for every crazy moment in life with our sweet 2 year old Riley...there are a hundred of the most incredibly special moments...
  • the "I love use too"
  • one more hug and kiss before saying good-bye
  • crawling in our laps to read books
  • cuddling at bedtime
  • hugging us tight on a cold day to keep warm
  • running to help unload the dishwasher or washer/dryer
  • the giggles, oh the giggles...during games like "high five", and dancing to the rescue pack song on "Diego"
  • helping give little snackies to her brother when our hands are full
  • and the list could go on and on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Great catches. I love your outfit that you wore for Dr. Seuss's birthday. You looked awesome. I just want to know if your gouing to be taking the whole outfit with you on vacation? You keep amazing me with all the changes. Stop growing Sweet Pea. I want you to stay little like you are forever. I love you and Zachy bunches.
XOXOXOXOXO
Love,
Grammy