Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lunch Date

Sunday afternoon, we were invited to the Rodriguez home for a lunch and play date. It was something we had talked about at Gisella's birthday party in December, and with the hustle and bustle of the holidays behind us, we now have more time for activities other than decorating and shopping!

Carolina and David cooked up a wonderful Mexican lunch that we enjoyed while the girls hung out close by in the bouncer and high chair. It was nice to trade baby stories and catch up. Since Gisella is 7 months older than Riley, we get a good idea of the new baby stages that are just around the corner.

My only regret of our visit...I forgot my camera and video camera...I was ill prepared for the giggliest giggle session that we have ever seen from our little sweet pea! David had taken Gisella from her high chair to say hi to Riley, who was still chillin' in the bouncer. And when Riley laid eyes on sweet Gisella, she giggled, and giggled and giggled some more. I am not sure what tickled her funny bone, but it was the sweetest expression ever!

The girls played after lunch and Gisella shared her toys with Riley. I think Riley really enjoyed seeing Gisella on the run and dancing to her favorite tunes! We definitely plan to have another outing very soon!

As for photos...you will have to check back again soon. Thanks to Carolina, she captured some fun shots, that I will post as soon as possible!

No comments: