After work though, we took the opportunity to dress the kids up and head to the zoo for Boo at the Zoo. Although there is not much to the Chattanooga Zoo, the event far exceeded my expectations. There were games galore, all of which did not draw Riley and Zachary's attention, pony rides, dancing and costume contests, face painting, and so much more.

Riley's mission, and only care in the world on Saturday night...finding Dora. Perhaps it was my fault, as I had mentioned that I thought Dora was going to be at the Zoo, for this is all Ry talked about (and notice who had to tag along...Ry's Dora doll) all thru dinner and driving to the zoo. As a matter of fact, when we got to the zoo, Miss Ry would not even entertain the idea of doing anything until she had her picture taken with the one and only.


Once we captured the pic, spirits brightened and Riley was all about visiting the other characters...Froggy, Scooby Doo, Sponge Bob and even Shrek.




Zachary was the cutest puppy ever. I love that he wore his hat the entire evening (especially since it was quite chilly). He wasn't much of a fan of all the characters dressed up...
but once he saw a sucker or two hit is treat bag, his true personality came shining thru. I can honestly say that Zach has had maybe only 1 or 2 suckers in his short lifetime, but boy, they must have made their mark...for this little pup was quite particular when digging for a treat in his bag!
Forget the Sweet Tarts!


Jackpot...don't worry...we didn't make him eat thru all of the wrapper.
On Sunday, we finally carved our pumpkins.


And Monday...we actually started off our spooky Halloween with a trip to Dr. Wolford's for check-ups and flu shots. I am glad we took the kids together, as I know one of us could not have handled the dynamic duo alone. Riley, was a bit overdue for her 3 year visit, but none-the-less, was found to be one healthy 3 year old, with very powerful lungs. We tried to prep her the day before, but that probably made it worse, actually telling her ahead of time about the shot she would be getting. She is in the 75th percentile for both weight and height at 34 lbs and 38 inches tall.
Zach was just due for his flu shot and he did great, but as Halloween night approached, Zachary had a case of the grumps. He resisted putting on his costume, then wanted nothing to due with a pic on the front porch, so off we headed through the neighborhood to see if his attitude would change.
Both were a bit slow to warm up to having to say trick-or-treat at our neighbor's doors. But once they saw goodies piling up in their bags, our little butterfly and puppy were all smiles.
This is the pic I had tried to capture before going out and about...but, we had to lean on the bit of sugar along our path to help bring out the smiles.

Hmmm...I wonder what next Halloween will bring, as I don't think Z will want to be a butterfly!
No comments:
Post a Comment