There are not many Valentine's Days that I can remember from the past...however today will go down in history, as one will never forget.
Although most couples may have been out wining and dining tonight, we decided to opt for a quiet night at home with the kids until...
I received an emergency call from work that led to the scheduling of an air charter out of TX, which of course led to a never ending series of additional calls...during which Riley decided to test the capacity of the toilet with as much toilet paper as possible...and yes, it literally was at the brink of overflowing when she came running out of the bathroom screaming "my pants, my pants", during which time I was on the phone with my boss for air charter approval.
Dinner didn't exactly bring out the best in all of us, as Riley decided to have ornery night with spitting out food, Zach antsy as ever wanting to get down and play. So, as Riley and I finished dessert together Daddy had his cake alone in Zachary's room, so Zach could enjoy playtime in his crib (which is one of his favorite places, as he loves to cruise back and forth as he holds onto the rail).
And to top off our romantic evening, Daddy cuddled up with Riley to help her go to sleep, but ended up falling asleep before she did...which I guess gave Riley the right to get back out of bed to play peek-a-boo.
Good thing my sweets are so sweet...as no matter how crazy the day...they are the ones who can make everything better!
Hope everyone had a Valentine's Day to remember. Thank you to all for cards, sweets and fun-loving packages.
1 comment:
OH my goodnes, that was a Valentine's Day to remember. Love you all, can't wait to see you. Love Nana
Post a Comment